Donate > How to Donate
When celebrating happy occasions like birthdays, wedding, graduations, and anniversaries, you can request friends and relatives to donate to Maharashtra Foundation in lieu of flowers and gifts. Your joys will be enhanced thousand fold by remembering people who need and deserve your help. Also sharing painful emotions with friends and family keeps the pains bearable and memories worth cherishing. In such cases also people donate to Maharashtra Foundation instead of sending flowers.
Here is some information you need when you wish to send donation to the NGOs in India through Maharashtra Foundation.
- You need to be a member of Maharashtra Foundation. Membership Fees are :
a. Annual Membership: $ 20.00 per year.
b. Life Membership: $500.00
c. Patron Membership: $1000.00
d. Benefactor Membership: $5000.00
- Indian charities must have an FCRA certificate. Click here http://fcraonline.nic.in/fc8_statewise.aspx to verify whether the NGO of your choice has an FCRA. If the NGO does not have FCRA, Maharashtra Foundation will not be able to send your donation.
- 5% of the donation is deducted for administrative expenses from ANNUAL members for earmarked donations. If annual members wish to donate to Maharashtra Foundation projects then this admin charge is waived. Life, Patron and Benefactor members do not have to pay this administrative charge.
You can send donation in various ways:
- Donate by check: Please make check payable to Maharashtra Foundation and mail to Maharashtra Foundation P.O. Box 2287, Church Street Station, New York, NY 10008-2287. Each donation check must be accompanied by a properly completed MF pledge card that indicates the name of the NGO/project and amount. Click here for Maharashtra Foundation Pledge Card.
- Donate ONLINE:
- Donate while Shopping - Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Learn more
- Gift of Securities Some donors prefer to use appreciated stocks instead of a personal check. This kind of donation is advantageous to the donors, as they can save the capital gains taxes at both federal and state level. The donors have to authorize the broker to transfer the securities to Maharashtra Foundation. For complete procedures and more details please contact us. Click here for Procedure of MF- donation for securities.
5. Wire Transfer into MF Bank Account. For details, contact MF Treasurer, by email to:
There are several other ways to make donations to the Foundation.
- Matching Gifts Many corporations match or multiply their employee's gifts to a charitable organization. Please ask whether your employer or your spouse's employer participates in such a program. If such cases, you have to follow some formalities in your company, complete some form and send it to the Foundation. We then complete the form after we receive your donation and forward it to your employer for their matching gift.
Contributions to United Way
Maharashtra Foundation (MF) is registered with United Way. If you are making a payroll deduction for contribution to United Way, you can designate Maharashtra Foundation as your choice organization for your donation. Some corporations match employee's contribution.
MF Tax ID: 22-2213611
United Way Agency Code: 11675
- Donations to Maharashtra Foundation by persons from outside USA. If a person residing outside USA has income in US dollars then donations to MF are tax deductible.